SFFT alpha drivers - V3/4/5 - Join to Testing

Started by Glide, 22 May 2004, 17:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

DaMulta

Amigamerlin 3.1 R11 also works with the new o/s.

Now I have been getting that error with 3dfxtools on install advtweek/color.dll and so for with the installing the voodoo 5500 agp.

I reboot hit repair and it does not fix the issue. It even asked me for a cd one time when I went to repair.
I have mix it up on how to get it installed so many ways. Fresh boot normal svga driver /r11 drivers/ and Sfft in different ways to get them installed correctly. Other wise there is not options to pick from the list. I have even mixed the files together in many was.

I read something about the system32 folder is locked up these days(read only) So ATM that's where my next idea on how to get them instilled and working 100%. I did this on my last install on XP(or was it vista IDK to much information to make it into all one ATM) It;s locked down and harder to over turn in 7. I'm the root admin apart of every group and am still getting some access restricted and so forth.

Rll says that it has a missing piece to the for the install, and that it needed a file you can find on google. It is hosed at 3dfone, but the link just happens to be dead:(

3Dfx glide does work like wonders(very very very fast)

If and when I get that figured out I'm going to try and find a way to get a gart driver installed in the o/s.

After that is when I will be moving on to the p4 machine I almost have ready to go for this little project of mine.

-----

The bottom line is that windows 7 is a lot faster with older hardware than vista is. If you want to run a new o/s on these old boxes windows 7 will be the o/s to run. I have not even started to turn off services to get the system running faster and more stable like I had to with vista. When I get around to that, I think it's going to be nice for how old the parts in the machine are.

ps47

interesting info-maybe MS has learned their lesson from the vista fail and is planning to release an OS that is not just a load of (insert bad words here) for a change? thats..unexpected. :)

DaMulta

Any help with the way 3dfxtools installs on xp would be great:)

I have not messed with voodoo from the windows 98 days.....A lot of it seems totally new just because I have not had one of these cards installed for years.

I looked for an old voodoo install cd around my house with no luck. I might have to go look for an ISO somewhere. I think that could helped me look at the new improved ones and the old ones to see what was changed in it.

Why does it give the error at all on the install of 3dfx tools?

ps47

try the ones from falconfly's archive: http://www.falconfly.de/tools.htm

make sure you dont have a second graphics card in your system (only the v5 should be in the pc,no other geforce/radeon cards),and try to install them..3dfx tools behave oddly under xp,on some machines they install just fine,on other ones the first install will fail but the repair will fix it,and on the last ones they just wont work no matter what.I havent been able to determine the cause..

mikepedo

And with new feature WARP10 (Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform) we could used our Voodoo cards with Dx10 games based:D

DaMulta

Could I get someone to type regedit then export their working 3dfxtools entry? That way I could import a working set into my broken set.

Host it here for now:)
http://www.rapidshare.com/
I'll put it in a ftp site if it fixes the issue with 3dfxtools.

-----------------

Also installed a pIII chip today and analyzer started working:)

Also I can use V.Control 1.82 beta for settings.

Rolo01

I tried the new SFFT driver 1.5 in Vista Ultimate x86 and :
It works fine in 2D, Direct3D and Glide !

Image Insert:

62.45 KB

Glide

These're great results.

I want to thank all you, and not only the "new entry" DaMulta (you're welcome) and "our old" Rolo01 for their screenshots caputerd by Windows 7 and Windows Vista systems (:)).

But...please note this's not the final step but it's simply another step. And so, of course, any newer report'll be appreciated and useful for us.

Bye bye

ps47

very nice.to be honest,I did not expect the driver to reach full vista compatibility so soon..

incredible work! [8D]

DaMulta

I could still use the registry export from XP lol

Found a P3 733(After I killed a p4 motherboard lol) anyways my 6 year old put the machine in a case this evening and she started back up.
Tomorrow me and him are going to unlock the p3 and clock it up a bit.(maybe to 1Ghz if we are lucky) He wont let me work on this machine without him because I told him he needed to do that before he could help on the current machine lol

Will be testing DX(3d-analyzer came up with the p3(I can remember doing it I think.....95% sure it was on that machine)

--------

This is what he wants to help on.

Stock volts ATM

Crap past used it on 3 CPUs and smeared it with my figures. Makes a big difference with - temps.

Also

Ordering a 220 Watt(should of already....Ill do that in a bit so I don't forget. Now I don't know if cooling the voltage regualtors into the zeros will help or not. BUT it could change the wave pattern IMO and help keep the wave balance.

This looks bad ATM but it's just a setup for now. Going to paint everything up....rough build.

So this 8800gt will be volt moded may hit 900-1000Mhz stable. Friend/team member of my team ocLIT(Official overclock team of Palit Video cards) has one stable at 900 on just water. I was going for a grand lol. Then I'm installing 2 9800GTX on water in SLi, and the 8800GT will be used for physx

Run that on a ASUS 790i Ultra(I'm thinking about spray painting it white really hard) with 2Gb of Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix DDR3 PC3-16000(2Ghz)

CPU QX9650 will be on water for now. Should hit 4.5Ghz on it.

All for fun it's just going slow.

And yes the pennies are funny as hell. lol

I might go ahead and get a copper plate, but saying I did it with pennies is price less LOL.

OK back on topic lol.

----
Windows 7
QuoteThe November DirectX SDK includes a beta version of the WARP10 rasterizer. Because WARP10 uses the same software interface to Direct3D that is used by the references rasterizer, any Direct3D 10 or 10.1 application that can support running with the reference rasterizer can be tested with WARP10. Rename D3D10WARP.DLL to D3D10REF.DLL and place it in the same folder as the sample or application and when you switch to ref you will see WARP10 rendering.

If WARP10 is renamed D3D10Ref.DLL and placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (November 2008)\Samples\C++\Direct3D\Bin\x86, the DirectX samples can all run against WARP10, either by clicking the 'Toggle Ref' button in the sample, or running the sample with /ref specified on the command line.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5493f76a-6d37-478d-ba17-28b1cca4865a&DisplayLang=en

ps47

one of the guys from 3dfx.cz has tried out the 1.5 driver with the latest win7 build,and it seems like it works fine on a voodoo4 card (d3d,glide and opengl alike) while failing on a voodoo3 (BSODs,lockups,awful 3d performance)..still amazing ;)

DaMulta

Was his 3 PCI or AGP?

My 5 is AGP

Did he get tools to install?

IDK I don't want to install XP so I can export, but ...... yea

So voodoo 4/ and I think voodoo 5(not totally sure have not test a lot of stuff)works in vista.

I only got a blue screen when I tried to alt-tab out of a game that was just glide. It didn't like that so much lol.

I've been benching Vantage for about 8 hours straight lol....I has a new trick now tho.Freeze the voltage regulators. I added ice into the water line after it failed 10 times in a row. Then past. Then clock it higher and yep. Just need to get another TEC and or Dri ice to throw in the line.

ps47

just received a confirmation,v5 works as well,sli,4xfsaa and everything :)

SailorSat

Hi.
Just a simple problem and most likely did something wrong.

I can install the 1.5 drivers (via the device manager) on my vanilla XP SP3 system, however I'm stuck at 640x480 4Bit (16 colors).

Any ideas?
I can do all that stuff even without joystick ;)