V5500,Xp,Red baron 3d, Amergaimlin Problem

Started by LW_Hearse, 22 May 2004, 05:04:26

Previous topic - Next topic

LW_Hearse

Salute!

Just upgraded my v2's to a V5500 Pci and encountered the following problem which I think may be setting related. The above drivers for XP are quite nice but the terrain panels for Red Baron 3d at the horizon were not being drawn correctly remaining a flat green and being drawn as one flew closer.

Someone else suggested a driver problem so I tried the 3dhq drivers and the problem disappeared, however I was not satisfied with picture quality and the lack of tools in the menu and decided to uninstall 3dhq's tools and keep the driver and replace 3dhq tools with the amergaimlin tools. When I did that the green undrawn panels returned which led me to think that the driver itself was not the problem but something in the settings. Any suggestions? I tried both "the best settings" and default with the same result.

~Thanks from  hearse

LW_Hearse

Hello sorry that's Amigamerlin drivers. For some reason my eyes always plays tricks with that name.

Here's what I'm seeing in the above problem. Usually you see haze and terrain.

~Thanks all

Image Insert:

69.24 KB

amp_man

Try reverting back to Amigamerlin 2.5SE
When the sun goes down, the music turns up...

Windows XP Pro|Athlon XP 1800+|Voodoo 5 5500 AGP|MSI K7T266-A|768MB DDR 2700 RAM|SonicEdge 5.1 Sound Card

hanksemenec

See if the texture limit is set to 2MB. Tun it off.

Hank

LW_Hearse

Hi,

For one there is no set tex mem to 2mb in the tools( which you have to do with promised Land terrains anyway) and usually that creates black patches and graphic aberrations not undrawn green tiles marking the horizon. I tried v4 runner but the combination of Amigamerlin tools and V4 resulted in terrible fps rates so I dumped the v4 runner. I may have to return to 3dhq drivers as although the tools menu was not to be desired at least it worked.

S! from Hearse

hanksemenec

I used to run 3DFX tools and 3DHQ tools at the same time, and 3DHQ tools would set the tex limit to 2MB when I launched the tools. After I would loos some of the textures.

Hank

hanksemenec

Check for FX_GLIDE_TMU_MEMSIZE registry key, it is a string value. Off is "-1" and "2" is 2MB from what I remember.

Under win2k:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\3dfxvs\Device0\Glide

Amiga should be able to help with rest of the settings, since I am getting old and forget stuff [:p].

Hank