3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Search with Google | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 Hardware Components
 APUs, CPUs, SoCs, Motherboards and Memories
 Voodoo5 6000 Motherboard recommendations?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

neurocrash
Initiate

55 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  05:37:16  Show Profile  Visit neurocrash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nevermind... This Epox board is definitely defective - probably due to bad/bulging capacitors. I replaced it with a ASUS board that seems to be running properly with the 5500 at least.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

neurocrash
Initiate

55 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2009 :  05:56:25  Show Profile  Visit neurocrash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, I got another board, this time, a SOYO KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition. After testing with the 5500 with no problems, I switched to the 6000 and everything is working quite well. I'm running an Athlon XP 2600+ in this system.

Since someone asked, here are photos of my 6000

http://home.roadrunner.com/~neurocrash/photos.html

I added heat sinks to the ram chips, and the power connectors to the board.

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Experienced

550 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2009 :  07:36:57  Show Profile  Visit Obi-Wan Kenobi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neurocrash

Okay, I got another board, this time, a SOYO KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition. After testing with the 5500 with no problems, I switched to the 6000 and everything is working quite well. I'm running an Athlon XP 2600+ in this system.

Since someone asked, here are photos of my 6000

http://home.roadrunner.com/~neurocrash/photos.html

I added heat sinks to the ram chips, and the power connectors to the board.

Cheers!

hey man! Great to hear your V6K is working I did have a look at your pics and she does look healthy as far I could tell :)

You have been added by myself to the Functional cards list as to the world total V6K lists, you can view them over here:
http://www.voodoo3dfx.com/Foro_V6k/viewtopic.php?t=122

Feel free to also become a member of that page Osckhar and I created ;)
And if you need any help by configurating your V6K machine just PM me or send me an email and you surely will be rescued from your worries ;)