3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 Gaming with 3dfx Voodoo cards
 Games
 Spiderman Web of Shadows wont work.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mushyman167
Novice

2 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2008 :  06:30:55  Show Profile  Visit mushyman167's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I keep getting the message that says "this game does not support your video card. Please refer to the game's minimum system requirements." I got the vendor id and the device id but i don't know what to check.

Solitare
Novice

Brazil

10 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  04:21:52  Show Profile  Visit Solitare's Homepage  Click to see Solitare's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you are trying to run this game with a Voodoo card I'm very sad to tell you that it'll never happen. There's tons of features that this game requires on a video card, even if we ignore the necessity of at least a 256mb vga card to run this game, there are other features like Pixel Shader 3.0 and Vertex Shader 3.0.
One of these days I was asking myself "If we can emulate the Shaders 2.0 with 3d-analyzer, why don't we emulate the 3.0??" The answer is obvious, nobody made a program that can emulate that. No 3d-analyze is able to deal with it.
So, if you want to run this game, buy a Geforce or a Radeon Card with Shader 3.0 support like the Geforces 6600 or above, and the Radeon 1650 or above.
I use a Geforce 8600GT here, and the game runs like hell. I do belive that what's "holding" my game performance is my CPU, a Pentium e2160, but, I'll never know until I buy a new one.
Anyway, this game realy rocks, and it worth the money spent to upgrade your pc. Even better, is if you upgrade for a PC to run GTA IV. Mine runs strangely, I'm waiting for a patch to see some fixes. The things that people say around, is that GTA IV is a game made for Next Gen PCs, but, it's kind of weird to hear and a bit unbelievable. I do believe that a Mid end or a Mid-high end PC could do the job at a acceptable graphics settings.
Best regards!

Pentium Dual Core e6500 (2.93ghz)
4gb RAM DDR2 800mhz Dual Channel
250gb HD Samsung Sata 2 7200
3Dfx Voodoo4 4500 PCI 32mb
Geforce gt440 1gb ddr5
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums