Can't use OpenGL

Started by i hate 3dfx, 18 April 2004, 02:07:41

Previous topic - Next topic

i hate 3dfx

Hi,

I might be posting in the wrong place, so I'm appologizing ahead of time if I am. I'm also sorry if I seem to not know what I'm talking about. The only reason I sound clueless is simply because I am.

Half-life won't run in OpenGL. I know or at least I'm pretty sure that 3dfx video cards don't support OpenGL.

I've downloaded all the latest drivers, and it still won't run in OpenGL. As a result of this, the game is running off of the softare itself.

I would much rather run the game using my video card, as running it off of the software distorts the graphics and causes some scenes to be very choppy.

I've been trying to fix this problem for the past week, and I have yet to come across any ways to directly fix the problem. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Nightbird

Trust me, H.L runs in OpenGl and on a Voodoo card.
I played H.L using the last opengl icd or a minigl.

The 3dfx video cards support perfectly OpenGl 1.1 - used by H.L - and now 1.2 with MesaFX.

I guess that you're using a Voodoo3 (?) but what drivers and OS ?
In the control panel of the game, what do you choose ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

i hate 3dfx

Yes, I have a Voodoo3. I have Windows 98. I'm not sure what drivers I have(computer illiteracy, sorry) and whenever I open the game, I try selecting 3dfx mini driver under OpenGL, but when I try to load a game with these settings, it takes me to a screen that says Loading..., but never actually loads. When I hit escape, a box pops up that says "The selected OpenGL mode is not supported by your video card."

This makes absolutely NO sense considering that 4 years ago on the same computer the game ran fine when my brother played it. [:(!]

Nightbird

Ok, i understood the problem ;)

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

ps47

install the lastest official drivers ver. 1.07.00 and patch the game to the latest version.should work now.