L-shaped Voodoo 4 cards...

Started by Knuckles, 20 September 2008, 06:12:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Knuckles

I managed to recover 2 of those cards from PCs we disassembled at work and brought 'em home. I tried searching over the net for those cards and they seem kinda rare....

when looking for the PCB number, I found like 3 pages on google, and when looking for L-shapped voodoo 4s ,I only found a few pics and info..

How rare are those cards actually?

http://casecon.uw.hu/tartalom/voodoogyujt/v4_powercolor_l_top.jpg

Here's a pic of the one I hold atm...

PCB Number: 210-0435-001 (printed) , Apistek fan (not aavid?), PCB in back is 210-0908-01 (in the board)

I'd like some more infos on those, I read that "sometimes" they work on AGP 4x slots, some say it doesn't... just want to be sure.. I might actually sell 'em if it's worth it.

ps47

they are rarer than regular v4s,you might get a nice price on ebay if you decide to sell them..they should work fine in agp4x boards-agp8x boards are not recommended.

H-street

i actually have one of these and it does come in handy, i have a dell P4 small form factor that i have setup as my 3dfx gaming PC.

i have a v4 4500 and a Voodoo2 12Mb (Creative) along with a Audigy and

i like it because it has a smaller footprint for the case that i can have along side my main gaming rig and the fact its 4x agp really makes it nice. its almost the 2nd best to the voodoo5 5500 PCI (since the newest apg motherboards won't take a v5 agp)

goriath

From what I know, Voodoo4 different from reference 3dfx design could not work at 4x AGP bus speed. This is common on asian cards that follow their custom layout. I never tried, but note that if card work only at 2x AGP bus speed, although it fits in the 4x slot, this could be the reason why card can not reach full bus speed.