16MB Video Card
!My specs @ the bottom!
Hi! Just got the game. Takes up around 4 GB for me (DOD, RECOCHET, TFC and DMC are also installed). Looks nice, really nice, although getting 15 fps avg with Mesa, 25 fps avg with WickedGL. You can get more fps at the cost of quality. Use HLToolZ, all posible HL environment variables can be tweaked: Texture size, lightning, models, ANYTHING.
Some other tricks:
Create two files in ..\CZ\cstrike\ folder (same folder where config.cfg is).
I don't know where the offline game files are, so you better put these files in every folder you see file config.cfg
The files contain this:
First file: autoexec.cfg
Second file: userconfig.cfg
//Disable body parts separation when dying by explosion
//Don't show your bullet shells
//Don't show smoke from your shooting
//Use your system CPU in conjunction with your Video Card's CPU
//Enable Z-TRICK - no quality loss, lots of fps gained.
//If experiencing problems, disable this
//Enable precaching, the game will load all the textures before the game starts
//The rate at which the game is accessing HDD/Internet (I think, 2000-2500 is best for old computers)
//Disable weather effects
//Let the bodies(ded ppl) stay on the ground, big performance hit, so... OFF
//Online game only: use only two models: GIGN and L33T CREW, big help when a lot of ppl are playing
1) If values are changed through console, while game is loaded, the changes will take only after you quit the game (go to the main menu, no game loaded at the time).
2) These changes affect CS1.5 and higher.
3) Use HLToolZ for more changes (use built-in profiles). For me, the changes that I listed are enough for around 40-50 fps game with WickedGL @ 640x480 16-bit.
4) To play, place WickedGL opengl32.dll file into ../CZ/, where czero.exe or hl.exe files are.
5) Game looks awesome, compared to CS 1.5 and CS 1.6, I recommend to play offline missions, overall, I rate the game 8/10.