3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 3dfx Hardware & Software
 Voodoo2 Setup and tweaking
 Voodoo2 goldpack for xp/ directx 9.0b problem!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wolfman
Novice

1 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  18:57:57  Show Profile  Visit wolfman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please can you help!!!
i am trying to get direct x 9.0 to recognise my voodoo2 card (direct x is needed for combat flight sim) i know the driver update is ok for all my open GL games are fine.(thanks) can you suggest a fix so that direct x 9.0 recognises my card???
Regards,
andy.

amp_man
Experienced

545 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  20:58:49  Show Profile  Visit amp_man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Under windows 2k/XP, you can't use directx on the V2. On windows 9x/ME, it only really supports up to DirectX 5.0, 7.0 if you're lucky, but 9.0 is pretty much a dream.
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  21:13:05  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You're under XP ? so no luck and simply because the Win2k kernel doesn't support the addons cards (the multimedia device). So under Win2k, XP, NT4, you have a support "only" for OpenGl and GLide.
If you want use DirX under XP, that will be with your main gfx or you need to use again Win9x.

ps : DirX9 has also "some difficulties" to recognize a Voodoo2, you will understand that if you run DxDiag under Win9x.

ps : what version of CFS do you try to run (1, 2, 3...) ?

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Edited by - Nightbird on 07/04/2004 21:30:06
Go to Top of Page

Vuuduu2
Novice

Belgium
3 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  21:38:00  Show Profile  Visit Vuuduu2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Wolfman, I am happy that you got the anwer from Nightbird. Got the same problem since I installed a Voodoo2 on XP last monday.
See http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=792.
Yesterday I moved the Voodoo2 to a W95 machine. Please keep reporting your experiences with Voodoo on this forum, cause I think we might encounter similar problems.
... like POD failing installation among others.
Have fun!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums