3dfxzone.it ~ SFFT Drivers ~ MesaFX ~ 3D-Analyze ~ 3dfx Headlines ~ 3dfx Cards ~
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | GoogleSearch | FAQ | 3dfxzone.it
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Index
 Gaming with 3dfx Voodoo cards
 Games
 Glide files & Unreal Tournament
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Print topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kremit
Novice

4 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2004 :  02:16:21  Show Profile  Visit Kremit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi,

I just istalled the evolution banshee driver (of the bansheeteam), and directX9.
I tried to play unreal tournament (the old one, not 2003), and I get this critical error: "assertion failed: Expected pointer....."

I tried replacing the glide2x.dll and glide3x.dll with other verions, but none of them worked, either i get an error, or the computer freezes, or the game starts but the screen goes black and i only hear the music.

what can i do?
can i improve my system further? (openGL or V.something 1.82 and stuff, i didnt really look into how it works...).

Thx.

amp_man
Experienced

545 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2004 :  04:59:33  Show Profile  Visit amp_man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try (re)placing the Glide files in the actual Unreal Tournament or the UT \system folder.
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  07:36:53  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
@ Kremit
What's the exact message ?
and
don't post the same message in several forums

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

Kremit
Novice

4 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  17:03:06  Show Profile  Visit Kremit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the message is:

Crtitical Error
Assertion failed: ExpectedPointer == Cache Memory + MemTotal[File:C:\UTDev\Core\Src\Uncache.cpp] [Line: 256]

History: 1 <- FMemCahce::CheckState <- FMemCache::Init <- FGlideTMU::Init
<- UGlideRenderDevice::Init <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UwindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

I'll try replacing the files in the UT folder, thx.
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2004 :  20:18:41  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Argh, i already have seen this problem with a banshee but i don't remember how it was resolved !
Seems to me that the problem was not the driver.

In-ter-ac-tive :

Sanek
Novice

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2004 :  03:22:27  Show Profile  Visit Sanek's Homepage  Send Sanek an AOL message  Send Sanek an ICQ Message  Click to see Sanek's MSN Messenger address  Send Sanek a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
try placing opengl32.dll file included in WickedGL package in to the same folder, where unrealtournament.exe is. Everything should work fine.

I don't remember if voodoo 1 is supported by WGL, but if its not, try using MESA or any other driver (when you place opengl32.dll in the same folder with executable, it should switch to opengl mode automaticly).

I'm using voodoo2 and I never had any problems with UT, running at 100 fps avg. with WickedGL at 800x600 res.

Intel Celeron 433 MHz
128MB + 32MB RAM
40GB + 5.5GB HDD
ATI Rage IIc (poor D3D and OpenGL performance)
Dimond Monster 3D II 8MB 3D-Accelerator
Win98SE
Win2K Pro SP4 + Aston Shell 1.9.0
RedHat Linux 7.5
DirectX 8.1 (Win98)
FastVoodoo2 4.6 Driver Set
DirectX 9.0b (Win2K)
FastVoodoo2 4.0XP GE Driver Set
Go to Top of Page

Nightbird

1938 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2004 :  07:44:40  Show Profile  Visit Nightbird's Homepage  Send Nightbird a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is a Banshee but you can try

In-ter-ac-tive :

Print topic
Jump To:

Forum Rules

Legal Info

Privacy

Contact Us

3dfxzone.it

HWSetup.it

ForumZone.it

All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners - Forum Graphics and Contents 2001 - 2014 3dfxzone.it - Forum Engine Snitz Forums