Amigamerlin 2.5 XP best settings

Started by Glide, 18 December 2002, 11:07:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightbird

if you have installed the "Microsoft Windows® 2000 Patch for AGP Applications on AMD Athlon™, AMD Athlon XP, AMD Athlon MP, mobile AMD Athlon 4 and AMD Duron™ Processors" with your card, this is not the good driver because you're using XP

well, if i remember a K7M, this also a AMD 751 with a Southbrigde VIA 686A
i will try
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_756_759^871^2336,00.html
Windows® 2000/XP AGP Driver - Microsoft Digitally-Signed, Version 5.33 (Windows® 2000/XP only)  Download Now! Mar. 2002
AMD AGP Driver Version 5.33 for Windows 2000/XP

REQUIREMENTS:
Motherboard with AMD-751, AMD-761, or AMD-762 System Controller (Northbridge), Windows 2000/XP, AGP video card

and this a link towards Asus
http://www.asus.it/support/download/download.aspx
choose Motherboard -> Slot A and you will see all items Asus for the slot A

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community

gcc

Thanks for helping.
I installed the AGP driver listed in Nightbird reply (Windows® 2000/XP AGP Driver - Microsoft Digitally-Signed, Version 5.33). After, reinstalled amigamerlin, but the problem persists.
My motherboard is Asus K7M.
In asus page (http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=K7M) there is an AMD Bus Master IDE Driver v1.40G for Win NT40/2000/XP. I downloaded it, but when I try to install, i receive an error message "No AMD compunds found".

Atlhon 800
Motherboard Asus K7M
256 MB PC 133
Voodoo 5 5500
SB Live MP3+
Win XP Pro
Directx 9
-----------------------
Atlhon 800
Motherboard Asus K7M
256 MB PC 133
Voodoo 5 5500
SB Live MP3+
Win XP Pro
Directx 9

gcc

I also already tried to change VIA chipset in 3dfx tools, to compatibility and to BIOS default, but didn't help.

-----------------------
Atlhon 800
Motherboard Asus K7M
256 MB PC 133
Voodoo 5 5500
SB Live MP3+
Win XP Pro
Directx 9
-----------------------
Atlhon 800
Motherboard Asus K7M
256 MB PC 133
Voodoo 5 5500
SB Live MP3+
Win XP Pro
Directx 9

Glide

Hi gcc: i want really helping you so i advice you to repeat Windows XP setup. Unfortunately I see that you have tried many options solvig bug...but it remains.

So

1)Backup your data
2)Format hd
3)Install Windows XP
4)Update OS with Service pack 1 (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp1/default.asp)
5)Install DirectX 8.1b
6)Install Amigamerlin 2.5SE
7)Install all others device drivers

Just now i can test system...

I'm waiting for yours

gcc

Isn't it better if I format my hd and install win98 for games and winxp for the rest?

-----------------------
Atlhon 800
Motherboard Asus K7M
256 MB PC 133
Voodoo 5 5500
SB Live MP3+
Win XP Pro
Directx 9
-----------------------
Atlhon 800
Motherboard Asus K7M
256 MB PC 133
Voodoo 5 5500
SB Live MP3+
Win XP Pro
Directx 9

Glide

It's an idea: sincerly i prefer Windows ME for gaming and Windows 2000 for all other applications in a dual boot Windows based system.

So if you want use a double os just know my advice ;)

I'm waiting for yours

gcc

Is there a problem if I have both os in the same hd, but in different partitions?

-----------------------
Atlhon 800
Motherboard Asus K7M
256 MB PC 133
Voodoo 5 5500
SB Live MP3+
Win XP Pro
Directx 9
-----------------------
Atlhon 800
Motherboard Asus K7M
256 MB PC 133
Voodoo 5 5500
SB Live MP3+
Win XP Pro
Directx 9

gcc

Changing OS didn't solved my problem.
Now I discovered what it was all about. It's 20:00 and the weather outside is above 30°C. It's damn summer here, lol... See by yourself: http://www.cnn.com.br/tempo/cidades/sa/Brazil/SantaMariaSBSM.html
I opened my pc and put a fan (a "human's fan") in front of it. The weather in the mainboard came from 49º to 37º, my computer is on more than 2 hours till now, and I could play FIFA 2003 and Counter Strike with no problems.
Who would now that... it's a month I have been trying to change drivers, reinstall OS and all that stuff. At least I figured out.

-----------------------
Atlhon 800
Motherboard Asus K7M
256 MB PC 133
Voodoo 5 5500
SB Live MP3+
Win XP Pro
Directx 9
-----------------------
Atlhon 800
Motherboard Asus K7M
256 MB PC 133
Voodoo 5 5500
SB Live MP3+
Win XP Pro
Directx 9

Glide

Black_Out

For your information:

Amigamerlin 2.5SE for WinXP works fine with DirectX 9 for me - no problems.

Installing new versions of DirectX does not bring about the fires of hell as it is made out to be.

When you install a new version of DirectX (regardless of the OS) your only problem will that the new features of directX 9 won't be used/compatible with your video card until the new drivers that support DX9 are released.

And to argue this further Microsoft has added DirectX 7 and 8 backwards compatibility into the release so, no  -- directX is not the problem.

If I can run Amigamerlin 2.5SE on WinXP on a Pentium II - 233, 256MB RAM, Voodoo 5500AGP - any one can.

I doubt that DX9 would be the cause.
--------------------------------------------------
"Shop smart.........shop S-MART.....YA GOT THAT?!!"
-Ash from Army of darkness

Nightbird

Indeed, like DirX9 is backwards compatible, probably no problem with DirX
A game will run on an driver with an old core but probably some features will be missing or there may be visual glitches in the game
But the problem might be with games which depend from a new DirX feature...

Remember the problem that we know with the T&L, if 3DAnalyzer didn't exist in order to emulate this function...

The final problem is very simple : we need new drivers with a better support for DirX8/9 without forgotting OpenGL...

In-ter-ac-tive :
The way video games were always meant to be played

Welcome to 3dfxzone.it Community