Vietcong Fist Alpha on Voodoo5 5500

Started by algeeba, 27 September 2004, 22:15:08

Previous topic - Next topic

algeeba

Has anyone had any success with the Vietcong expansion pack Fist Alpha? The game freezes on the first mission where there are a lot of flames from the downed jet fighter and I have to press the restart button. I have tried many combinations on the settings for D3D and for the game but it continues to freeze between 5 sec. to a minute. It seems to play a little longer w/single chip. I have no problems with other games like Call of Duty, The Thing, Spiderman The Movie, including the game Vietcong. I know there is texture corruption, like seeing the sky and clouds on the ground, on both Vietcong and Fist Alpha, but I don't think this has to do anything w/the freezing because Vietcong runs good. I have also tried 3dAnalyze to no avail.
I'm running this on a Voodoo5 5500 using the latest Evolution drivers on Win98SE, Abit NF7-S V2.0, Barton Mobile 2500 overclocked to 3000+, 512MB of memory all which have tested stable. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Doom

hm
I have this problem too ,but with normal Vietcong
Doom3_Voodoo2_Patch_v1_0 Download : www.voodoo.zarovka.com

XP 1800+@2600+ ; 256MB RAM ; 15GB HDD ; Voodoo 1 4MB ; Voodoo 2 12MB SLI; Voodoo 3 AGP TV OUT ;
V5 5500 with 1xVSA100

osckhar

Hi to both,

I have played utilizing Evos 1.00.16 Drivers under Win98SE. Look the SShots...

VIETCONG SShots D3D:
Win98SE SP1
DirectX 9.0c
Evos 1.00.16
800x600
2xFSAA
LOD -4

ps. The game runs smoothly!! :D

Regards,
Oscar

algeeba

Thanks Osckhar-nice screenshots. I'm also running Evos 1.01.16 drivers and the game is fast. Have you tried running Vietcong w/these settings:
1024x768
fastest performance
guardband clipping
auto mip-mapping (enabled via v-control)
I think it looks better. What do you think?

Anyways, my problem is the expansion pack Fist Alpha. Do you have it? The game freezes on the first level where there are a lot of flames. Before the flames-no problem. It usually takes about 15-30 sec.
before the game freezes and I can't even alt-tab out of it. I also noticed that I can't play in window mode but using SFFT Alpha 15 under W2k I can.

One more question-in the level medic patrol does the ground look black with no textures in some places?

Thanks.

---------------------------------------
Athlon XP-M 2500+ @ 2.3 GHZ
ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0
512 MB Crucial memory
Win98 SE w/W2K dual boot
Directx 9.0b
Aureal Vortex 2 PCI sound card
Voodoo5 5500 PCI