ThunderGL

Started by Geri, 11 November 2006, 03:08:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Geri

ps47: do you still does not have msn?

ps47

I have an icq number,but I suppose I could set up a msn account as well if absolutely necessary.

Geri

New version relased. It has not contains a lot of cool improvements yet - its just the newest working version with the new code arhitecture.
Currently it has no 3dfx card support - it will come later.

m14radu

@Geri: We need an XP driver for the AAlchemy board.
It will be extraordinary to setup a rig with 4 boards !
( 32 VSA's cips = a dream [:p] )
It's there a posibillity to develop a driver, repectively to improve the actuall one ?

There is allready a way to start these boards without the original PSU. Look here : http://www.voodoo3dfx.com/Foro_V6k/viewtopic.php?t=118

Regards.
Radu.
Follow your dreams !

Geri

I think, do you alreday told me this question.

Maybee.

I cant say more, becouse i not even readed more than the name and the parameters from those cards in my life. I have no aalchemy card, and i know nobody, who has.

First, i need somebody who are running an aalchemy under xp, with basic opengl drivers, that able to run a quake2 level game. If this is currently not reached, ask SFFT, this is his profession.

(I will read that topic later.)

m14radu

Hy Geri,

Yes, i do ask you that once, but at that time i get only a negative answer, whitout too much details.
:D

Actually there is only the Win2000/NT compatible driver.
Everybody who has this card must use it under this operating sistem.
I tryed once to start the card under XP, with this drivers, but they are not working.

The Game Quake2 runs on AALchemy boards without problems under Win2000/NT.

Thanks for your quick response and understanding.

P.S. I send you an email on your msn account.
Follow your dreams !

Geri

Mail sent.

And i picked you up on yahoo.

Geri

m14radu: i now have time for the AAlchemy. Do you will online at yahoo this weekend?

osckhar

QuoteOriginally posted by Geri

m14radu: i now have time for the AAlchemy. Do you will online at yahoo this weekend?
If you need more help about AAlchemy. Just let me know.

Regards,
Oscar.

Geri

Dear users, currently, i need a list about OpenGL games, who are not running correclty on a specified card.

example:

game: Doom3
card: SiS 300
error: game cannot be initialised.

If you has time, please tell me your informations about non-running opengl games.

I currently own the following cards (of corse, from other card you also can say report, but i can fix them later):

-3dfx Voodoo1
-3dfx Voodoo2
-3dfx Voodoo Rush
-3dfx Voodoo3
-3dfx Voodoo5

-nVidia Riva 128
-nVidia GeForce2 MX100
-nVidia GeForce4 Ti

-ATi Rage Fury MAXX
-ATi Radeon 7000
-ATi Radeon 7500
-ATi Radeon 9800 PRO

-Intergraph Intense3D Wildcat 4110

-3dlabs Permedia 2

-S3 Savage 4

-Matrox MGA

---------------------------------------
Q:HOW CAN I KNOW IF A GAME USES OPENGL?
A:Open the game main .exe or its graphics dll in notepad, press crtl+f, and type:
opengl32.dll
Then press enter. If search founds it, it uses opengl.

send your reports to gerilegend  _@/'' freemail \m/(dot.)\m/ hu

kalte

Geri, do u still need some testers? I could test on a V3 2000 flashed to 3000
DFI Infinity nForce4 UltraII M2 || Athlon 64 X2 5000 || 2GB RAM (2x1024) DDR2  || HDD 40GB || LG DVD Writer || Voodoo3 2000 PCI @ V3 3000

Geri

project respawns

Geri

The changes: the project respawned. ThunderGL in the current form is discontinued. The usable sources of it are implemented with together an another source codes of me. The new software called XXXXXXXXXXXX.
Becouse XXXXXXXXXXXX is very different from thundergl, i will write a long description from it.

Geri

XXXXXXXXXXXX is my new opengl driver arhitecture. It is a full opengl implementation, coded by myself. It is multiplatform: its compatible with windows and linux. XXXXXXXXXXXX is a modular driver. The rendering module currently uses CPU cores to render, perhaps this is the first public working multithreaded-multicpu opengl renderer ever... or not :P

TitaniumDFX will be a version of XXXXXXXXXXXX. In TitaniumDFX, ewerything is the same like in XXXXXXXXXXXX, except that the rendering and texturing will be doed with 3dfx hardware acceleration with Glide. Every 3dfx card will be compatible.

facts:
-XXXXXXXXXXXX project is related to mesa. Mesa is a famous project, but able to single core software rendering only.
-XXXXXXXXXXXX, of course, fully independent from mesa. XXXXXXXXXXXX only uses code and modules coded by me.
-XXXXXXXXXXXX is not a wrapper.
-TitaniumDFX needs stronger CPU in 3dfx mode. Many features of 3dfx cards will be emulated.
-TitaniumDFX's game compatibility with the great old opengl games is mutch lower than other 3dfx card opengl drivers, it is probably much slower than them. XXXXXXXXXXXX is focused to run tons of small freeware and shareware opengl games of todays, istead of running the old AAA games.
-TitaniumDFX is not a priority. XXXXXXXXXXXX is. But becouse of modularity, TitaniumDFX can have the bugfixes of XXXXXXXXXXXX immediately.
-OpenGL version number is 1.3, and i am not plan to expand it currently.
-ALL Donations are welcome. Serious, becouse of the huge time what a full opengl implementation needs to be created. Paypal accepted, can be accesed on http://legendgrafix.tk
-TitaniumDFX is freeware.

-RGB, RGBA, BGR, BGRA, tons of others support
-True color rendering (not in 3dfx mode of course)
-Texture support up to 4096x4096 (3dfx of c. will be downscaled)
-vertex arrays
-VBO
-Display Lists
-Frame buffer image draw supported (eeeeek)
-triangle, quad, quad strip, triangle strip, triangle fan & friends works. Rendering is triangle based.
-vertex coloring works
-multitexturing
-alpha blending (most common cases works fine)
-SSE and 3dnow! optimized drivers can be compiled
-Quake2, Half Life, xmoto, and most of nehe tutorials running with suitable speed. Minor bugs.

gab

cooooooooooolllllllll

thanks you so much!!!!

regards from argentina!

you are awesome geri :)